Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Blue Screen of Death...Almost


I was so excited to be able to tell you all that we finally have internet in our flat here in Aberdeen. We have been really antsy to be able to skype with friends and family soon! (We have also been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to meet Shepherd Jones. Congratulations on your sweet baby boy, Garrett and Haley!) However, our internet has, yet again, been delayed.  Alas, I will have to continue visiting the public library down the street or Starbucks for my wifi needs.

It is finally turning into the fall season in Aberdeen. I know this to be true because the UK just got the PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE! Prior to this year, the UK has not offered the psl. WHo knew how much of an American novelty that pumpkin flavored food really is? Brits do not have pumpkin flavored sweets here. This is interesting to me because they have sweets (aka “puddings”) galore! A few friends here in Aberdeen told me they went into a Starbucks on the first day the pumpkin spice latte was offered. They proceeded to order a pumpkin latte, and the barista asked the ladies if they really wanted the latte because “it just tastes terrible.” WHA??? Pumpkin is clearly not properly valued here.

Anyway, I have realized that I really need to start blogging about Scotland. That’s probably what everyone wants to see. We have been doing a lot of traveling all around and across Scotland, and I am anxious to share those pictures with you! However, I came into quite a pickle the other day when I turned my Macbook pro on to discover the blue screen of death. I almost fainted. I haven’t backed up my computer on an external hard drive in ages. Thankfully, we have an Apple store in the mall here, and I was able to get the help of a genius to get my computer back up and running. We figured out that my computer had refused to run because it did not have enough memory to even go through the start up. I had completely maxed out my computer’s memory with the pictures I have been taking. Whoa. That’s a lot of photos. The Apple genius even recommended that I consider the percentage of space that my photos take up on my computer. Hmm. Maybe I’ll just get an external hard drive devoted to the pictures I take here in Scotland.

Well, I wanted to end this post with a picture of Scotland for the mean time. Unfortunately, I do not even have any Scottish photos for you, and I don’t really want to challenge my computer by adding anything else before creating more space.

Coming soon: Venice, Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment